This position is responsible to project manage and schedule maintenance cycles of course materials as updates become necessary. Serve as product launch manager for releases of new courses and existing courses. Manage quality assurance for maintenance projects. Other project management responsibilities may be assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Project manage the refresh and rework of Education course materials; set deliverables and create project plans.
• Manage deadlines and budget as it relates to SME and translations.
• Manage launch of new and re-launched Education products, coordinating with instructors, marketing, customer care, certification, education operations, and global operations.
• Establish quality objectives and ensure all published materials meet those objectives.
• Partner with Manager of Training Content and Quality on leading our efforts during ISO and IACET audits.
• Work with AMPP Foundation and Development instructional designers on the transition of course materials to semester long courses for implementation at colleges and universities.
• Coordinating with subject matter experts, and leading technical meetings to coordinate updates on course material.
• Establish priority of yearly course maintenance projects, implement content improvements based on SME review and feedback.
• Serve as editor as it relates to the development and delivery of the instructor newsletter.
No supervisory requirements expected for this role.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Occasional travel may be required for this role; estimated to be less than 10% travel.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree plus 1-2 years experience in project management, learning and development, or related fields, or
• 5+ years of experience in project management, learning and development, or related fields.
• 2+ years of experience working with Adobe FrameMaker and InDesign preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, members, employees of the organization, customers, and the general public.
Preferred: bilingual in at least one language in addition to English. Good oral, written, and communication skills are required. Ability to read and interpret general business documents. Good English grammar and spelling skills required. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively on the telephone.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, etc. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to develop and interpret business graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Must possess a specific level of communication skill both verbal and written. Have demonstrated personnel management skills including, but not limited to, the ability to evaluate staff performance and provide direction, is highly desirable. Ability to work in a multi task environment taking into account various external factors and to communicate efficiently and accurately to both managers/supervisors and subordinate staff.
Must be computer literate with knowledge and experience in word processing and spreadsheet softwares. Ability to learn and use association specific software.