This position involves the design and development of software solutions to meet business needs. The holder of this position should guide architectural decisions concerning those systems in the areas of quality trade-offs, best practices, and integration with other software (both internal and external). In addition, this position should provide technical leadership and guidance to the rest of the software development team. Finally, this position involves remaining knowledgeable (through ongoing learning and industry participation) about trends, technologies, and tools that could be applied to software solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Designing and developing software solutions, including communication with business stakeholders, construction, testing, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
• Developing integration strategies to support enterprise business applications and processes for sustainable and repeatable results.
• Participating in high-level planning of software projects, including architectural design, estimation, documentation, and trade-off analysis.
• Collaborating with customers and business stakeholders to gather feedback and insights.
• Capturing and analyzing user data to test assumptions that will inform future solution design and improvements.
• Creating software solutions using modern web technologies and data services to exchange information with business partners.
• Leading development initiatives/projects and providing guidance on outsourced projects.
• Pursuing and mastering new technologies and best practices to further grow and improve the team’s knowledge and expertise.
• Contributing accurate documentation on all development processes including but not limited to needs analysis, concept ideation and validation, technical implementation, deployment, and maintenance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Familiarity with a variety of software engineering concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Performs a variety of complicated tasks and may lead and direct the work of others.
• A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Some travel is expected for this role and passport is required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, members, employees of the organization, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, etc. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to develop and interpret business graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form.