The Certification Exam Developer position is responsible for the development, maintenance, and performance monitoring of AMPP certification examinations including exam updates. In addition, the role will be required to perform facilitation of in-person and virtual meetings with subject matter experts to ensure that the end-result is based on actual job role requirements. Examples of tasks include exam development, item writing, item referencing, item bank maintenance, preparation of materials for item review and preparation of exam forms for Test Production. This individual will also ensure that all exams meet or exceed legal defensibility process and policy requirements as stipulated by the AMPP Certification program office. Detailed focus on items quality and exam security is central to this role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Some travel is expected for this role and passport is required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Education, Educational psychology, Psychometrics, Psychology or equivalent experience
• 1-3 years professional test development experience
• 1-3 years’ experience with Bloom's taxonomy, highly preferred
• Strong knowledge of all Microsoft Office products
• A background in the testing and assessment industry is strongly preferred. Item and Test Development experience is preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, members, employees of the organization, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and perform item analysis using basic test development psychometrics. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to develop and interpret business graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Must possess a specific level of communication skill both verbal and written. Ability to work in a multi-task environment taking into account various external factors and to communicate efficiently and accurately to both managers/supervisors and stakeholders.
• Project management
• Statistical Item analysis (not required / nice to have - will be required to learn)
• Communication and presentation
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products and database software
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to think globally
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to work under pressure and meet exacting deadlines
• Proven dependability and high regard for security
• Negotiating with vendors
• Working within the budget and tracking expenses
• Strong facilitation skills
• Strong editorial skills
• Global business and member driven \ association experience a plus